(based in Calgary or Edmonton)
Insurance Insight Inc. (Formerly WALKAWAY Canada Inc.), headquartered in Oakville, Ontario is an insurance brokerage specializing in providing automotive manufacturers and dealerships in North America and around the world with high-quality insurance-based products and technology solutions. As the exclusive provider of WALKAWAY products and services, we specialize in large national automobile after-market products, such as creditors insurance, GAP insurance and cutting edge reporting and financial services technologies that enable a minimum amount of administration, with maximum amount of return.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Business Development the Business Development Manager is responsible for generating revenue and volume targets by promoting WALKAWAY F&I solutions to both new and existing accounts using consultative sales techniques. This position serves as the primary business contact for assigned clients and is responsible for consistently providing excellent customer service, ensuring that customers’ needs are exceeded and satisfaction levels are high. The Business Development Manager will work with high revenue customers where superior sales, marketing and presentation skills are required for success.
- Develop customer accounts, achieving revenue and volume targets and sales objectives by proactively gathering and analyzing information to identify high-level sales opportunities, developing and executing territory plans, effectively promoting and selling the product portfolio and by providing high levels of customer service to exceed customer expectations.
- Develop relationships within the entire business including all Managers, Sales Representatives, Business Managers, Accountants and Dealer Principals.
- Achieve customer satisfaction and revenue generation within existing assignments and in line with long-term account goals and the company’s vision.
- Prepare business presentations and complete corporate profiles; design and implement sales strategies; analyze and respond to competitive presence.
- Conduct effective needs assessment, design proposals and promote WALKAWAY products and services relevant to the customer’s business priorities and to maximize business potential.
- Manage all client communications, training, conflict resolution, and compliance; ensure issues are efficiently addressed while maintaining excellent customer relations; respond to client’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain strong knowledge of product offering, new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understand and share current competitive conditions within the marketplace.
- Maintain sufficient customer records and reports to ensure proper territory organization and management, account administration, compliance, status updates and sharing of key performance indicators.
- Present and negotiate agreements with clients; ensure all account documentation and reports are complete, accurate and submitted to other departments within assigned timelines, engaging assistance when required.
- Develop and execute launch plans for new accounts, engaging the expertise and support from the Sales and Dealer Support team when required.
- Initiate post-sales activities to ensure F&I solutions continue to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Post-secondary degree in Arts/Marketing/Business discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in direct sales to automotive dealers
- Previous F&I experience preferred
- Proven consistency in achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in intangible, marketing, sales and business strategies.
- Effective team player with strong communication (verbal & written) and listening skills.
- Drive for results; ability to turn a customer from good to great.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize; sense of urgency.
- Problem-solving and analytical skill; resourceful.
- Strong closing techniques; using logical, incremental steps approach.
- Intermediate computer skills in Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Overnight travel is required.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and the opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented growing organization. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to Judy McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 3, 2017.
Insurance Insight welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in any aspect of the application, assessment and selection process.